Who: Senator Greg Ball
Fire/ Police Chiefs
Local Elected Officials
What: Storm Response Round Table
When: Thursday, December 8th from 11 am to 1 pm
Where: Yorktown Town Hall
363 Underhill Avenue
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Brewster, N.Y. – (11/26/11) – From Senator Greg Ball:
As the winter season quickly approaches, I believe it is truly important for our state and local elected officials, first responders and utility and telecommunications companies to have a collaborative discussion about how we can provide the best storm and natural disaster response service to our constituents and customers throughout the Hudson Valley Region.
I have invited these local authorities to participate in an upcoming “Natural Disaster and Storm Response” roundtable discussion at the Yorktown Townhall.
The following topics will be discussed and covered:
• Why do so many of our fellow neighbors lose electrical power in their homes and businesses during a natural disaster like a snow or rain storm?
• What must be done to enable the homes and businesses in our region to retain electrical power during and after a natural disaster or storm?
• How can we improve response times for service to constituents and customers from all government agencies and utility companies?
• What can we learn from the October 30th Nor’easter and Hurricane Irene?
• How can the local municipalities, utility companies, first responders and state officials work better together to ensure all residents are safe, and services are restored in a timely and efficient manner?
For more information or to speak with Senator Ball, please contact Joe Bachmeier (914) 406-5114.