*** MEDIA ADVISORY***
***Friday, September 14th at 12 PM***
Brewster, N.Y. – 9/12/2012 – Senator Greg Ball (Patterson – R, C) on Friday will host a press conference to demand action by the State Assembly on the Senate’s Jobs Plan. This comprehensive plan will help create tens of thousands of new private sector jobs by delivering tax relief to small businesses and manufacturers, reducing energy costs, and enacting major fiscal reforms to make New York State more economically competitive.
“The state is certainly headed in the right direction, but we have to do even more to allow businesses to do what they do best, create jobs,” said Senator Greg Ball. “New York State has created an openly hostile environment for small business owners over time, and we must reverse that climate one tax, regulation, fee and bureaucratic headache at a time. This comprehensive jobs plan, passed by the Senate and awaiting action in the Assembly, will cut taxes on small businesses to put more money back into the pockets of small businessmen and women. I am working every day in a bi-partisan effort to get government out of the way so business owners can do what they do best, which is create sustainable jobs, but the Assembly now needs to step up and get the job done.
“For many years now, the New York State legislature has been a barrier to the creation, sustainability and growth of businesses in New York,” Assemblyman Robert Castelli said. “This bill will unshackle business-owners and give them the incentive to remain and continue to invest in New York.”
“As a small businessman, one of the things that compelled me to run for public office was witnessing first-hand how Albany’s policies were hurting business’s ability to grow and hire,” said Bob Cohen. “For too long, New York has been ranked next to dead last in business-friendly climates, which has forced jobs outside our state’s borders. As senator, I look forward to bringing my business background to Albany and working with other pro-growth legislators to foster an environment that encourages good-paying, sustainable jobs for Westchester’s families.”
The 2012 NEW JOBS NY job creation bill (S7448) includes the following:
- Eliminating Taxes on New York Manufacturers: The plan would spur creation of thousands of manufacturing jobs by eliminating income taxes paid by manufacturers over a three year period ($495 million in tax relief).
- 20 Percent Corporate Tax Cut for Small Businesses: This cut in the corporate tax rate will save nearly 200,000 small businesses $49 million.
- 10 Percent Personal Income Tax Credit for Small Businesses: This tax cut would save 800,000 small businesses $80 million.
- Significant Energy Tax Cut: The legislation accelerates the phase-out of the 500 percent energy tax hike Senate Democrats previously approved in 2009.
- New Incentives for Each New Job Created: The bill includes new job creating incentives that would give businesses a tax credit of up to $5,000 for each new job they create; up to an $8,000 credit if the new job goes to someone on unemployment; up to a $10,000 credit if a business hires a returning military veteran.
What: Job Creation Plan Press Conference
Who: Senator Greg Ball
Assemblyman Robert Castelli
Robert Cohen, 37th District State Senate Candidate
Local Businesses Owners
When: Friday, September 14th at 12:00 PM
Where: A&S Market (outside): 681 East Main Street, Mount Kisco, NY 10549
For more information or to speak with Senator Ball, please contact Joe Bachmeier at (845) 200 9716.