Shelter Information in Senator Ball’s 40th District
Brewster, N.Y. – (08/29/11) – Senator Greg Ball (R, C – Patterson) continues to assess the damage caused by Hurricane Irene. Thousands of residents in the 40th District remain without power. According to utility crews, it could be several days before electricity is fully restored.
Emergency service providers have setup shelters and are distributing dry ice throughout the district. Below is a county-by-county breakdown of shelter information:
- William Kohler Senior Center (Comfort Center: Open until 8pm): 180 Route 6, Mahopac, NY, (845) 621-0600
- Putnam Valley Senior Center (Open 24 hours): 117 Town Park Lane, Putnam Valley, NY, (845) 808-1730
- Mid Hudson Civic Center, Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY,
- Muriel Morabito Community Center: 29 West Brook Drive, Cortlandt Manor, NY, (914) 943-7000
- Boys and Girls Club: 351 East Main Street, Mt. Kisco, NY, (917) 583-7383
- Yorktown Community Center: 1974 Commerce Street, Yorktown, NY, (914) 275-5150
- Lakeland Copper Beach Middle School: Old Yorktown Road, Yorktown Heights, NY, (914) 964-4141
- Mildred Strang Middle School: 2701 Crompond Road, Yorktown Heights, NY, (914) 964-4141
For more information or to speak with Senator Ball, please contact Ali Skinner: (845) 200-9716.